Deks Olje D2 Bulk Pack - 6 x 1lt cans
Gloss Deks Olje is a penetrating oil that can be used as an alternative to marine varnish. It penetrates deep into the heart of the wood for a rich, natural & long-lasting finish.
Available in a range of sizes, gloss finish Deks Olje keeps wood in pristine condition and protects it with powerful fungus and rot inhibitors.
Deks Olje weathers but will not lift. With a periodic touch-up, Deks Olje Marine Varnish will give many years of service without the need to strip back to bare wood.
- Apply Deks Olje #1 carefully, following directions.
- Use Deks Olje #2 anywhere above waterline and below deck.
NOTE: Deks Olje #2 may be too slippery for a deck, so many boaters prefer protecting traffic decks with Deks Olje #1 only.
Application over Deks Olje #1 treated surface
- Use a good varnish brush, roller or foam brush.
- Apply five or six coats (one per day).
- Do not apply in damp conditions.
- For the smoothest finish, lightly wet sand with Deks Olje #1 and #600 grit paper between coats 5 and 6.
- Allow good air circulation for drying.
Maintaining Deks Olje #2 Finish
- Once each year, lightly wet sand using Deks Olje #1 and #600 paper. Wipe dry and apply one new thin coat of Deks Olje #2.
- During the season, lightly wet sand abraded areas as in step 1 and touch up with one or two coats of Deks Olje #2.
- Keep finish free of salt by rinsing with fresh water when possible.
- NO NEED to remove the original Deks Olje #1 and Deks Olje #2.
No more than 12 square metres per litre.
- Brushes and rollers can be cleaned with Mineral Turpentine.
- A rag soaked in paint thinner will clean adjacent surfaces while Deks Olje #1 and Deks Olje #2 are still wet.
- Dried spills must be removed with paint and varnish remover. Some are available specifically for fiberglass.
Deks Olje #2 should be stored in containers which are completely filled to avoid "jelling" DO NOT FREEZE.