Owatrol Corrosive Inhibiting Primer (CIP) completely seals sound underlying metal. This product adheres to surfaces even with minimal preparation.
- Suitable as a primer with any coating including high solvent finish.
- Deep penetration of material - may be used on new or rusted metal to form a solid stable layer that other coatings can firmly adhere to.
- Remove all loose & flaking rust; scale and old paint back to a sound surface/ edge.
- Surfaces exposed to chemicals (acids,alkalis or salt deposits) should be washed using copious amounts of water or steam cleaned.
- Severely contaminated surfaces should be cleaned using an appropriate solvent.
- Ensure surface is clean, dry and free of any oil or grease.
- Stir or shake can well before and during use. Do not dilute.
- Apply 1st coat of OWATROL C.I.P. and allow to dry.
- Apply a 2nd coat of OWATROL C.I.P. and allow to dry.
- On severely corroded surfaces apply a 3rd coat of OWATROL C.I.P.
- Apply finish coat after recommended time.
- With OWATROL C.I.P., sand or shot-blasted surfaces do not require immediate priming.
- A light rust coating will not affect its performance or the final result.
- Any rags soaked in OWATROL C.I.P. may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded.
- Rags must be saturated with water after use or placed in a sealed, water filled metal container, before disposing with household waste.