Stormy Life Jackets is an Australian company producing high-quality jackets with an integrated PFD. Designed to be worn, Stormy Life Jackets are configured to automatically inflate when immersed in 10cm of water. The supplied blanking cap can be used to easily convert to manual inflation mode.
Stormy's Life Vest Plus 200N with Harness fits over your clothing and secures with a waist belt and leg strap. It is a slim fit and the most comfortable Personal Flotation Device available. The utility pocket on the front chest is designed to stow safety extras and reflective shoulder tape improves visibility.
Unlike other ‘yoke’ style life vests, the inflation chamber is totally enclosed to once inflated with the inflation system always exposed behind the chest pocket. This improves the ease of re-packing the vest when deflated and is ideal if you choose to orally inflate the jacket for flotation without using the CO2 cylinder. Stormy designed this to be flat, comfortable and lightweight to wear.
The Life Vest Plus 200N with Harness uses a 38g CO2 cylinder to provide 200 Newtons of buoyancy. ISO standards recommend this level of buoyancy is for weights over 40kg.The inflation system features the new Pro Sensor® Automatic Inflator, allowing you to easily check if the inflation unit has already been activated. The unit also provides the added benefit of detecting if the CO² cylinder has been pierced, eradicating the possibility of accidentally fitting an empty gas cylinder. If the indicator window is showing all green, it is ready to activate. If one of the indicators is red you will know it needs a new cylinder or cartridge. The automatic inflation system can be changed to manual activation. You choose the best option for your boating activities.
All life vests can be customised to include a SOLAS approved water activated strobe light, name or logo embroidery and additional reflective markings. It also includes an ISO accredited harness with D-ring and leg straps. All Stormy Life Vests are backed by a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.
This Life vest is set up as water activated and will inflate once immersed in water, it comes with a blanking cap for manual conversion.
- 5 year manufacturers warranty
- Water activated: inflates automatically in an overboard emergency
- Blanking cap for conditions where you want to activate on demand
- Pull down the pocket to inflate manually
- 38gm or 60gm ½” CO2 gas cylinder
- Belt with lifting loop to aid rescue
- Soft rib collar
- Leg straps
- Chest size range: 55cm to 140cm
- Weight range is suitable for 40kg and above
- Colour: Red
- This product has been designed, developed and assembled in Australia
- Meets standards AS4758.1 & ISO12402-3
Optional Extras (sold separately)
- Water activated strobe light (SOLAS approved)
- 38gm ½” CO2 recharge kit
- Name and logo embroidery badges made to order ($40 per jacket). Contact us after ordering to add embroidery.
- KTI Safety Alert
- RescueMe-AIS Man Overboard system with intergrated DSC
- Strobe Light ARH-ALK (SOLAS approved)
|Code||Chest Size Range||Weight Range|
Servicing Stormy Lifejackets
Stormy Lifejackets can be self-serviced. We recommend that you perform a self-service every 12 months, and regularly inspect your life jacket before each use:
- Blow it up and check for leaks
- Check that the CO2 cylinder hasn’t been pierced and isn’t corroded
- Check that the water activated valve is still current and viable
We recommend having your lifejacket serviced by an accredited Stormy Servicing Agent every 24 months (2 years). Refer to your state's marine authority as requirements differ from state-to-state. Lifejackets do deteriorate with salt corrosion, sun and moisture so it is best to keep them in their optimal condition.
Australian PFD Standards
In Australia PFDs are now identified according to "Levels" to indicate the amount of buoyancy provided. For example a Level 100 PFD provides 100 Newtons of buoyancy - or 10kg. This change was introduced in July 2010 as part of the new Australia Standard AS4758. More on boat safety
- Level 150: Similar to inflatable PFD Type 1. Suitable for offshore use.
- Level 100: Similar to PFD Type 1 and the minimum requirement for offshore use
- Level 50: Similar to PFD Type 2
- Level 50 Special Purpose (50S): Replaces PFD Type 3