Stormy Life Jackets is an Australian company producing high-quality jackets with an integrated PFD. Designed to be worn, Stormy Life Jackets are configured to automatically inflate when immersed in 10cm of water. The supplied blanking cap can be used to easily convert to manual inflation mode.
The Life Vest Premium 300N fits over your clothing and secures with a waist belt and leg strap. It is a multi-fit Personal Flotation Device with a strong outer cover that is comfortable and lightweight to wear. It features a removable collar for comfort, while the back mesh panel provides a more evenly fitted design.
The Life Vest Premium 300N features an increased amount of buoyancy with an extended waist belt to accommodate those who weigh more than 120kg. The Life Vest Premium 300N is also suitable for those wearing heavy wet-weather gear, or
carrying a tool belt.
The inflation system provides 300 Newtons of buoyancy and can be easily changed between manual or water activation, depending on your boating conditions. The inflation system expands and is exposed from the sides of the life
vest upon activation.
This Life vest is set up as water activated and will inflate once immersed in water, it comes with a blanking cap for manual conversion.
- 5 year manufacturers warranty
- Water activated: inflates automatically in an overboard emergency
- Blanking cap for conditions where you want to activate on demand
- Pull down the pocket to inflate manually
- 60gm ½” CO2 gas cylinder
- Belt with lifting loop to aid rescue
- Leg strap
- Chest size range: 55cm to 140cm
- Weight range is suitable for 120kg and above
- Colour: Red
- This product has been designed, developed and assembled in Australia
- Meets standards AS4758.1 & ISO12402-3
Optional Extras (sold separately)
- Water activated strobe light (SOLAS approved)
- 60gm ½” CO2 recharge kit
- Name and logo embroidery badges made to order ($40 per jacket). Contact us after ordering to add embroidery.
- KTI Safety Alert
- RescueMe-AIS Man Overboard system with intergrated DSC
- Strobe Light ARH-ALK (SOLAS approved)
|Code||Chest Size Range||Weight Range|
Servicing Stormy Lifejackets
Stormy Lifejackets can be self-serviced. We recommend that you perform a self-service every 12 months, and regularly inspect your life jacket before each use:
- Blow it up and check for leaks
- Check that the CO2 cylinder hasn’t been pierced and isn’t corroded
- Check that the water activated valve is still current and viable
We recommend having your lifejacket serviced by an accredited Stormy Servicing Agent every 24 months (2 years). Refer to your state's marine authority as requirements differ from state-to-state. Lifejackets do deteriorate with salt corrosion, sun and moisture so it is best to keep them in their optimal condition.
Australian PFD Standards
In Australia PFDs are now identified according to "Levels" to indicate the amount of buoyancy provided. For example a Level 100 PFD provides 100 Newtons of buoyancy - or 10kg. This change was introduced in July 2010 as part of the new Australia Standard AS4758. More on boat safety
- Level 150: Similar to inflatable PFD Type 1. Suitable for offshore use.
- Level 100: Similar to PFD Type 1 and the minimum requirement for offshore use
- Level 50: Similar to PFD Type 2
- Level 50 Special Purpose (50S): Replaces PFD Type 3