Stormy Life Jackets is an Australian company producing high-quality jackets with an integrated PFD. Designed to be worn, Stormy Life Jackets are configured to automatically inflate when immersed in 10cm of water. The supplied blanking cap can be used to easily convert to manual inflation mode.
These Junior Life Vests are one size only and are designed for the 15-40kg weight range. Designed to fit over the top of their clothes, the vests are easy and light to wear for any child so there are no complaints about an ill-fitting life vest. A harness is incorporated into the waist strap to tether to boat if needed.
The inflation system can be easily changed at any time to be either manual or water activated. You are able to choose what is best for your circumstances for your child on or around the water. However we strongly recommend that all Junior Life vests are water activated to prevent panic in an overboard situation.
It is a lifejacket provides over 150 Newtons of buoyancy and will keep the child’s head and mouth above water. The adjustable leg the strap will keep the PFD in the correct position.
Consider fitting a SOLAS approved water activated light for additional safety & assurance when on the water at night. See below.
This Life vest is set up as water activated and will inflate once immersed in water, it comes with a blanking cap for manual conversion.
- 5 year manufactures warranty
- ISO accreddited deck harness with D-ring & leg strap Standard: ISO12401
- This life vest is Water activated and will inflate automatically in an overboard emergency
- You can pull the toggle to inflate it Manually
- Oral tube for inflation or deflation
- 24gm ½” CO² gas cylinder
- Lifting loop to aid rescue
- Signal whistle
- Chest size: 50cm to 75cm
- Suitable for weights between 15-40 kg
- Colour: Red
- This product has been designed, developed and assembled in Australia
- Meets standards AS4758.1 & ISO12402-3
Optional Extras (sold separately)
- Water activated strobe light (SOLAS approved)
- 38gm ½” CO2 recharge kit
- Name and logo embroidery badges made to order ($40 per jacket). Contact us after ordering to add embroidery.
- KTI Safety Alert
- RescueMe-AIS Man Overboard system with intergrated DSC
- Strobe Light ARH-ALK (SOLAS approved)
|Code||Chest Size||Weight Range|
Servicing Stormy Lifejackets
Stormy Lifejackets can be self-serviced. We recommend that you perform a self-service every 12 months, and regularly inspect your life jacket before each use:
- Blow it up and check for leaks
- Check that the CO2 cylinder hasn’t been pierced and isn’t corroded
- Check that the water activated valve is still current and viable
We recommend having your lifejacket serviced by an accredited Stormy Servicing Agent every 24 months (2 years). Refer to your state's marine authority as requirements differ from state-to-state. Lifejackets do deteriorate with salt corrosion, sun and moisture so it is best to keep them in their optimal condition.
Australian PFD Standards
In Australia PFDs are now identified according to "Levels" to indicate the amount of buoyancy provided. For example a Level 100 PFD provides 100 Newtons of buoyancy - or 10kg. This change was introduced in July 2010 as part of the new Australia Standard AS4758. More on boat safety
- Level 150: Similar to inflatable PFD Type 1. Suitable for offshore use.
- Level 100: Similar to PFD Type 1 and the minimum requirement for offshore use
- Level 50: Similar to PFD Type 2
- Level 50 Special Purpose (50S): Replaces PFD Type 3