Stormy Life Jackets is an Australian company producing high-quality jackets with an integrated PFD. Designed to be worn, Stormy Life Jackets are configured to automatically inflate when immersed in 10cm of water. The supplied blanking cap can be used to easily convert to manual inflation mode.
Stormy Life Vest Classic Extra Small comes with a waistbelt and does not compromise comfort, safety or ease of use. The hard wearing nylon outer cover is sealed at the sides with velcro. This Life vest is water activated, automatically expanding to reveal the yellow inflation bladder with oral inflation tube, complete with high visibility markings and a signal whistle attached.
This multi-fit life vest has a strong outer cover that is comfortable and lightweight to wear.
Consider fitting a SOLAS approved water activated light for additional safety & assurance when on the water at night. See below.
This Life vest is set up as water activated and will inflate once immersed in water, it comes with a blanking cap for manual conversion.
- 5 year manufactures warranty
- Water activated and inflates automatically in an overboard emergency
- Easily changed to manual inflation by replacing the cartridge with the blanking cap
- Pull down toggle for manual inflation if desired
- 33 gram CO2 gas cylinder
- Pull down toggle for manual inflation
- Oral tube for inflation top up or alternative
- Colour: Pink, Blue
- Size Range: 50cm to 120cm
- Suitable for weights 40kg+
- Light weight – easy wear
- Signal whistle
- Lifting loop
- Leg strap
- Velcro closure cover
- Colours: Red & Blue
- This product has been designed, developed and assembled in Australia
- Meets standards AS4758.1 & ISO12402-3
Optional Extras (sold separately)
- Water activated strobe light (SOLAS approved)
- 33gm ½” CO2 recharge kit
- Name and logo embroidery badges made to order ($40 per jacket). Contact us after ordering to add embroidery.
- KTI Safety Alert
- RescueMe-AIS Man Overboard system with intergrated DSC
- Strobe Light ARH-ALK (SOLAS approved)
|Part Number||Colour||Weight Range|
Servicing Stormy Lifejackets
Stormy Lifejackets can be self-serviced. We recommend that you perform a self-service every 12 months, and regularly inspect your life jacket before each use:
- Blow it up and check for leaks
- Check that the CO2 cylinder hasn’t been pierced and isn’t corroded
- Check that the water activated valve is still current and viable
We recommend having your lifejacket serviced by an accredited Stormy Servicing Agent every 24 months (2 years). Refer to your state's marine authority as requirements differ from state-to-state. Lifejackets do deteriorate with salt corrosion, sun and moisture so it is best to keep them in their optimal condition.
Australian PFD Standards
In Australia PFDs are now identified according to "Levels" to indicate the amount of buoyancy provided. For example a Level 100 PFD provides 100 Newtons of buoyancy - or 10kg. This change was introduced in July 2010 as part of the new Australia Standard AS4758. More on boat safety
- Level 150: Similar to inflatable PFD Type 1. Suitable for offshore use.
- Level 100: Similar to PFD Type 1 and the minimum requirement for offshore use
- Level 50: Similar to PFD Type 2
- Level 50 Special Purpose (50S): Replaces PFD Type 3