The IC-M85E is an ultra-compact and powerful Marine Handheld with LMR Features. Do not let the small size fool you. The IC-M85E is the most compact (W×H×D: 56 × 92 × 29 mm) and lightweight (weight: 246 g) (with BP-290, FA-SC58V and MBB-3) commercial grade marine and land mobile hybrid radio in the world*. The Professionals Choice!
- Automated Emergency Alarm – Includes: MOB (Man Over Board), Man Down and Lone Worker.
- Covering 136-174MHz LMR Frequency
- Up to 100 programmable channels are available for LMR use • Instant Operation with Multi-Function Button
- 700 mW Powerful Audio – For vital clear communication in those noisy environments.
- IP67 and MIL-STD rugged Construction
- Private Conversation – Built-in Voice Scrambler and provides private communication between stations (32-code, compatible with UT-112 voice scrambler unit).
The radio also comes with a variety of other features including Aqua Quake ™, internal VOX capability for hands-free operation, 14 hours of battery life, 5W Output, Dual/ Tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/ or call channel, etc.
*As of November 2017, researched by Icom.
i Products displayed are not to actual size
ICOM HAND-HELD VHF RADIO COMPARISON
|Model||IC-M25EURO||IC-M35||IC-M37EURO||IC-M93D||IC-M85E (136-174 MHz PMR Channels) (this product)|
|Float||Float'n Flash||Floats||No||Float'n Flash||No|
|User Replaceable Battery||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Operating Time (5:5:90)||11 hours||8 hours - BP252||16 hours - BP252||9 hrs - BP285||14 hours - BP290|
|Optional Speaker Microphone||HM213||HM165||HM167 or HM202||HM228 or HM165||HM236 or HM222|
|Active Noise Cancelling||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Audio Output Power||550 mW||700 mW||700 mW||900 mW||700 mW|
|GPS/DSC||No||No||No||Class D DSC & GNSS Receiver||No|
|Automated Emergency Alarm||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|136-174 MHz PMR Channels||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Dimensions Excluding Antenna (W x H x D)||56.6mm x 134.2mm x 30.5mm||62mm x 139.5mm x 43mm||52.5mm x 125mm x 30mm||57mm x 144.6mm x 38.5mm||56mm x 92mm x 29mm|