The IC-M93D VHF Marine Radio from ICOM is the world’s slimmest buoyant DSC radio. This hand-held radio has a waterproof rating of IPX7, submersible to a 1 metre depth for 30 minutes.
Featuring a 2.3” large, high contrast and full dot-matrix LCD ensures good readability under direct sunlight. Large compass screens and large character size provide at-a-glance information.
For operators not familiar with DSC radio operation, the combination of the four directional keypad and soft keys provides straight-forward operation of all functions.
A dedicated DSC receiver continuously monitors CH70. Distress calls can be made with the rear panel button.
The IC-M93D floats and flashes on the water. Pressing the distress button while Float’n Flash is working will transmit the MOB distress signal, rather than the plain undesignated one for better protection of sailors.
The integrated GNSS receiver provides your location, bearing and speed with fast-setup time and pinpoint accuracy by using information from GPS, GLONASS, QZSS and SBAS.
Active Noise Cancelling digitally removes background noise from both transmit and receive audio and provides clear communication in a noisy maritime environment.
The supplied rapid charger, BC-220, charges the BP-285 in 2.5 hours (approximately).
- IPX7 submersible (1m depth of water for 30 minutes)
- Navigation function from current position to the specifi ed waypoint
- 50 waypoint memories with alphanumeric name for navigation
- Dual/Tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in four levels
- Favorite channel function for quick access to often used channels
- AquaQuakeTM draining function clears water away from speaker grill
- Support new VHF marine channel plan effective from January 1st, 2017
- When part HM-165 is connected to the IC-M93D, the HM-165 and the radio floats on the water
- AC adapter (BC-123SE/SUK - may differ depending on version)
- Battery charger, BC-220
- Battery pack, BP-285
- Belt clip, MB-133
- Antenna, FA-SC59V
- Hand strap
ICOM HAND-HELD VHF RADIO COMPARISON
|Model||IC-M25EURO||IC-M35||IC-M37EURO||IC-M93D (this product)||IC-M85E (136-174 MHz PMR Channels)|
|Float||Float'n Flash||Floats||No||Float'n Flash||No|
|User Replaceable Battery||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Operating Time (5:5:90)||11 hours||8 hours - BP252||16 hours - BP252||9 hrs - BP285||14 hours - BP290|
|Optional Speaker Microphone||HM213||HM165||HM167 or HM202||HM228 or HM165||HM236 or HM222|
|Active Noise Cancelling||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Audio Output Power||550 mW||700 mW||700 mW||900 mW||700 mW|
|GPS/DSC||No||No||No||Class D DSC & GNSS Receiver||No|
|Automated Emergency Alarm||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|136-174 MHz PMR Channels||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Dimensions Excluding Antenna (W x H x D)||56.6mm x 134.2mm x 30.5mm||62mm x 139.5mm x 43mm||52.5mm x 125mm x 30mm||57mm x 144.6mm x 38.5mm||56mm x 92mm x 29mm|