Dyneema® is an extremely strong, lightweight fibre with minimal-stretch making Spunmax ideal for use in rigging, sheets and halyards on classic performance boats. The spun polyester cover of 16 or 32 braids makes Spunmax flexible, soft to the touch and the polyester cover offers good UV resistance.
Spunmax is flexible and easy to handle. Furthermore it will bend effortlessly through blocks and easy to splice (larger diameters only - the 6mm is tightly constructed and is only suitable for knotting).
Sold by the metre or on spools of 200 metres (165 metres for the 12mm). View quantity discounts for purchases of 50m or more.
- Construction: 16 or 32-braided polyester cover, Dyneema core
- Specific gravity: 0,99 (floats)
- UV-resistance: very good
- Abrasion resistance: very good
- Chemical resistance: very good
- Wet vs dry strength: 100%
- Melting point: 150 / 265 ºC
- Short term heat resistance: 80 ºC
- Elongation at break: 6%
- Colour: Brown
|SKU||Rope Diameter||Cover Braiding||Linear Breaking Load (kg)||Weight (kg/100m)|