Quality Australian-made HUTTON winches suitable as a snubbing winch, halyard winch or sheet winch on smaller boats. This single speed rachet winch is manufactured with a manganese bronze or black anodised aluminium drum. The bronze winches are also available chrome-plated to suit.
Featuring a cast bronze gear box and an all-metal textured drum, these classic winches come in three sizes (see table below). This winch has a direct-drive one:one ratio where the mechanical advantage comes from the turning diameter of the handle.
The winch is produced with drum bearings and a solid stainless steel metal drive socket and shaft. The handle socket accepts a standard eight-point 11/16" winch handle.
For assistance in choosing the correct winch for your boat refer to the Australian Yacht Winch Co's winch selection guide.
Generous world-wide shipping rates are available with all HUTTON winches (minimum order value applies). Please contact us for details before ordering.
|SKU||Size||Drum Diameter||Base Diameter||Height||Power Ratio with 10" Handle / (Gear)||Mounting|
|230100, 230101 & 230102||Size 6||2-5/16" (58mm)||3-11/16" (94mm)||3-5/8" (92mm)||8.6:1 / (1:1)||4 x 1/4", 2-5/8" (67mm) PCD|
|230104, 230105 & 230106||Size 8||2-5/8" (67mm)||4-3/8" (111mm)||4-1/8" (105mm)||7.6:1 / (1:1)||4 x 1/4", 3-5/32" (80mm) PCD|
|230108, 230109 & 230110||Size 10||2-7/8" (73mm)||5-5/16" (135mm)||4-3/8" (111mm)||7.0:1 / (1:1)||6 x 1/4", 4" (102mm) PCD|
Mounting Instructions (read with reference to the above diagram)
- Using a small screwdriver remove circlip (9).
- Lift drum (2) and top plate (4) from base (1).
- Decide on winch position. Using base (1) as a template, mark the four mounting holes and drill to take 1/4" (6mm) countersunk screws.
- Apply a light coat of bedding/sealing compound and mount base (1) to deck.
- Install drum (2), top plate (4) and circlip (9).
- Dismantle as for step 1 and 2 above.
- Remove retaining rod (10) and drive socket (3).
Servicing Your Winch
- Clean parts in petroleum solvent and check for damage or excessive wear.
- Dry parts and lubricate with waterproof grease. NEVER grease pawl and springs - pawls should be lubricated with non-detergent machine oil only.
- External Cleaning:
- Chromed Winches - use non-abrasive liquid cleaner to remove dirt deposits and wash regularly with fresh water. Dry with a chamois.
- Anodised Winches - NEVER use polishes or abrasives. Wash with fresh water only and dry with a chamois.